The Loire Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a region rich in history and culture. Discover a selection of activities and leisure activities in the Loire Valley and explore this magnificent region.
Activités & Loisirs
- Visit the majestic châteaux of the Loire Valley, such as Château d’Azay-le-Rideau Chambord and Chenonceau, which will transport you into a world of royalty and elegance.
- Embark on a traditional boat trip on the Royal River and admire the region’s bucolic landscapes.
- Cycle through the vineyards of the Loire, with over 900 km of cycling along the river.
- Set off for a hike along the marked trails in the forests and hills.
- Enjoy a tasting of wines such as Vouvray and Chinon or Sancerre, at one of the many wineries.
- Take part in numerous festivals and cultural events, such as the Journées du Patrimoine and the Festival de Loire.
- Explore the charming villages of the Loire Valley, such as Blois, Saumur and Tours. Tours. And enjoy the specialties of Touraine.
- Enjoy water-based activities on the Loire, such as canoeing, fishing or swimming on the beaches.
- Initiate yourself to theart of horsemanship with a visit to the Cadre Noir de Saumur, a prestigious institution dedicated to the training of horses.
- For nature lovers, the Beauval zooone of the most beautiful zoos in the world.
Finally, why not round off your day with a hot-air balloon ride to admire the Loire Valley from the sky at sunset? The region has something to offer everyone, every time of year.