The air is so pure that it is almost a remedy.The Prince of Talleyrand
A story of passion
Come and meet the Pasquier family, who for three generations now have been putting their passion at the service of excellence to offer you unforgettable moments.
The Château de Rochecotte and its team invite you to a luxurious universe in the baroque style in the Loire Valley.
Discover a place full of history in the heart of Touraine and walk in the footsteps of the Duchess of Dino, the Prince of Talleyrand, Honoré de Balzac and many others.
Live a unique experience in the Valley of the Kings and let yourself be carried away by the beauty of the place and its memories.
Close to the most beautiful UNESCO world heritage sites and the lively cities of Tours, Saumur or Azay-le-rideau, the Château de Rochecotte is the ideal starting point to explore the many sites of Touraine, such as Chinon, Langeais, Villandry, Ussé, Amboise and many others. Let yourself be amazed by the beauty of the landscapes and the Loire River, stroll according to your desires…
The hotel is located 35 minutes from Tours and Saumur, 15 minutes from the A85 freeway exit, 3 hours from Paris and close to the Saint-Patrice train station. (Transfers from this station on request)
The history of the castle
Many emblematic characters will follow one another at Rochecotte.
The Duchess of Dino bought the castle of Rochecotte in 1828 and built it as we can see it today. She will receive many personalities such as Balzac, Adolphe Thiers, but it is especially the presence of the prince of Talleyrand Périgord with whom she is very linked that will mark the place. His coat of arms can be found on the pediment of the castle as well as on one of the stained glass windows of the chapel built in his memory.
- An exceptional site overlooking the Loire Valley.
- Located at the beginning of the vineyards of Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil.
- A place full of history, a chapel erected in memory of the prince of Talleyrand.
- A luxury hotel with a human dimension, with attentive and personalized service.
- 37 rooms, suites and apartments with refined interiors.
- A huge Italian terrace with a view on the valley and the French gardens for your sunny tea time.
- A heated outdoor swimming pool, open in the summer.
- A 25-hectare park crisscrossed by alleys and French gardens for your strolls.
- Bicycles available for rent on site.
- A gastronomic restaurant with a decor that is both classic and contemporary.
- An authentic and gourmet cuisine, two chefs and their teams at your service to delight your taste buds.
- Respect for the products and emphasis on local and seasonal products.
- Numerous salons for the organization of your professional and private events.
- Fully equipped rooms (wifi, hospitality trays, safe, iron, air conditioning, bathrobes etc.)
- Title of “Master Restaurateurs”.
- Quality Tourism Certification.
- Reception PMR (persons with reduced mobility).
- Languages spoken at the hotel: French, English, Spanish.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, Mastercard, cash, transfers, ANCV vacation vouchers (accommodation only).
- Pets: Pets are allowed in the hotel.
Logis of Rochecotte
Just below our estate, the Logis de Rochecotte* invites you to an intimate country setting for up to 11 guests. Freshly renovated and located in the heart of an enclosed park on the edge of a vast forest, the property offers you an enchanted interlude in the land of the Loire Châteaux.