A place steeped in history
As well as being a 4-star hotel with 17th century refinement, a gourmet and inventive restaurant, there is also a passionate team which genuinely strives to ensure that you share memorable moments.
In this green and intimate setting, this location has been marked by its illustrious owners, the Duchess of Dino, Emilio Terry Sanchez, the Castellane family, whilst not forgetting the most famous of politicians, the Prince of Talleyrand.
“The air is so pure that it is almost a remedy” – The Prince of Talleyrand
Close to the most beautiful UNESCO World Heritage sites and the lively towns of Tours, Saumur and Azay le Rideau, the Château de Rochecotte is the ideal starting point for exploring the many sites of Touraine, such as Chinon, Langeais, Villandry, Ussé, Amboise and many others. Be subjugated by the beauty of the landscape and the river Loire, and stroll around as you please…
The hotel is located 35 minutes from Tours and Saumur, 15 minutes from the A85 motorway exit, 3 hours from Paris and close to the Saint-Patrice railway station. (Shuttle service from this station on request).
In a few words…
● An exceptional site, with a view over the Loire Valley
● A place steeped in history; a chapel erected in memory of the Prince of Talleyrand
● A luxury hotel on a human scale, with attentive and personalized service
● 37 rooms and suites with refined interiors
● A vast terrace overlooking the valley for your sun-drenched lunches
● A heated outdoor swimming pool, open in fine weather
● A 25-hectare park with paths for your walks
● Bicycles for hire on site
● Two beautiful dining rooms with both classic and contemporary decor
● Authentic and gourmet cuisine, two chefs and their teams at your service to delight your taste buds
● Respect for products and emphasis on local and seasonal produce
● Numerous rooms for the organization of your events
● Title of Master Restaurateur
● Quality Tourism certification
- Reception open from 7:30AM to midnight
- Free WiFi accessi
- Tourist information
- Luggage storage
- Baby sitting service*
- Access for disabled people
- Private parking
- Electric vehicle charging station*
The Duchess of Dino bought the castle of Rochecotte in 1828 and built it as we can see it today. She received many personalities such as Balzac and Adolphe Thiers, but it was above all the presence of the Prince of Talleyrand Périgord, with whom she was very close, that left its mark on the place. His coat of arms can be found on the pediment of the castle as well as on the stained-glass windows of the chapel built in his memory.
Offre spéciale Toussaint
Means of payment accepted: Visa, Mastercard, cash, transfers, ANCV holiday vouchers (paper version).
Pets: pets are accepted at the hotel.
frequently asked Questions
From what time can I arrive?
The official check-in time for your room is 3:00PM. However, if your room is ready before 3:00PM we will gladly hand over your keys in advance.
What time do I have to leave my room?
If hotel availability allows, a late check-out may be offered at an additional cost.
Do the rooms have a shower or bath and Jacuzzi?
The “Suite 2” and “Junior suite 14” have a jacuzzi. The rooms and suites are equipped with bath and / or shower. Please let us know your preferences when booking. If hotel availability permits, late check-out may be available at an additional cost.