A PLACE STEEPED IN HISTORY IN THE HEART OF TOURAINE
Overlooking the Loire Valley, the Château de Rochecotte is a true haven of peace.
As well as being a 4-star hotel with 17th century refinement, a gourmet and inventive restaurant, there is also a passionate team which genuinely strives to ensure that you share memorable moments.
In this green and intimate setting, this location has been marked by its illustrious owners, the Duchess of Dino, Emilio Terry Sanchez, the Castellane family, whilst not forgetting the most famous of politicians, the Prince of Talleyrand.
“The air is so pure that it is almost a remedy” – The Prince of Talleyrand
A story of passionate… Come to meet the Pasquier family who for 3 generations now put their passion at the service of excellence to offer you unforgettable moments.
The Pasquier family and his team invite you to a luxurious universe in the baroque style in the Loire Valley.
Discover a place steeped in history in the heart of Touraine, follow in the footsteps of the Duchess of Dino, the Prince of Talleyrand, Honoré de Balzac and many others.
Live a unique experience in the Valley of the Kings and be lulled by the beauty of the place and its history.
Close to the most beautiful UNESCO World Heritage sites and the lively towns of Tours, Saumur and Azay le Rideau, the Château de Rochecotte is the ideal starting point for exploring the many sites of Touraine, such as Chinon, Langeais, Villandry, Ussé, Amboise and many others. Be subjugated by the beauty of the landscape and the river Loire, and stroll around as you please…
The hotel is located 35 minutes from Tours and Saumur, 15 minutes from the A85 motorway exit, 3 hours from Paris and close to the Saint-Patrice railway station. (Shuttle service from this station on request).
In a few words…
● An exceptional site overlooking the Loire Valley.
● Located at the start of the vineyards of Saint-Nicolas de Bourgueil.
● A place steeped in history; a chapel erected in memory of the Prince of Talleyrand.
● A luxury hotel on a human scale, with attentive and personalized service.
● 37 rooms, suites and apartments with refined interiors.
● A vast Italian terrace overlooking the Valley and the French gardens for your tea time.
● A heated outdoor swimming pool, open in fine weather.
● A park of 25 hectares crossed by paths and French gardens for your walks.
● Bicycles on site available for rent.
● A gourmet restaurant with classic and contemporary décor.
● Authentic and gourmet cuisine, two chefs and their teams at your service to delight your taste buds.
● Respect for products and emphasis on local and seasonal produce.
● Many fairs for the organization of your professional and private events.
● Rooms all equipped (wifi, reception trays, safe deposit box, iron, air conditioning, bathrobes…)
● Title of “Master Restaurateur”.
● Quality Tourism certification.
● Disability Access.
* with participation & on reservation
- Reception open from 7:30am to midnight
- Gourmet restaurant (7/7 d)
- Park, forest & gardens of 25 hectares
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Swimming pool & massages*
- Touristic informations
- Concierge service
- Secure luggage storage
- Laundry service (dry cleaning)
- Bike rental*
- Free Wifi access
- Disability Access
- Free private parking
- Electric vehicle charging station*
- Baby sitting*
- Pets allowed*
The Duchess of Dino bought the castle of Rochecotte in 1828 and built it as we can see it today. She received many personalities such as Balzac and Adolphe Thiers, but it was above all the presence of the Prince of Talleyrand Périgord, with whom she was very close, that left its mark on the place. His coat of arms can be found on the pediment of the castle as well as on the stained-glass windows of the chapel built in his memory.
Offre Ma Journée au Château
Languages spoken at the hotel: French, English, German, Russian.
Means of payment accepted: Visa, Mastercard, cash, transfers, ANCV holiday vouchers (hotel only).
Pets: pets are accepted at the hotel.
frequently asked Questions
From what time can I arrive?
The official check-in time for your room is 3:00PM. However, if your room is ready before 3:00PM we will gladly hand over your keys in advance.
What time do I have to leave my room?
If hotel availability allows, a late check-out may be offered at an additional cost.
Do the rooms have a shower or bath and Jacuzzi?
The “Suite 2” and “Junior suite 14” have a jacuzzi. The rooms and suites are equipped with bath and / or shower. Please let us know your preferences when booking. If hotel availability permits, late check-out may be available at an additional cost.